Reflecting on the Semester

This will likely be my final blog post for this class, and since this is my last class/semester in the ISLT program, the final assignment I will submit. So, there are a lot of emotions right now as this has been an exciting journey of discovery.

In particular, this class has been such an enjoyable experience, and I'm soy happy I was able to end this program on such a high note. It's strange, I suppose, because I didn't really consider myself a "social media person." A few years back I became tired of the toxic nature of Facebook, and deleted my account. Soon after I found myself sort of closing off my circle of Twitter follows - just kind of stepping back from social media for a bit.

However, certain networks remained open to me. As I discussed in my PLN assignment, I enhanced my cooking techniques through a unique network of like minded individuals. Football is a passion of mine, and I deepened some relationships and learned a great deal via my experiences with a sports related forum. I also made strides at work creating new avenues for informal learning via Web 2.0 experiences. In the end, I found that I'm by no means as closed off from social learning as I once thought.

And why should we be? This is the world we live in - connected in so many ways, with the ability to share knowledge in an instant through diverse and interesting tools. While we must ensure that we protect ourselves from some of the dangers associated with online experiences, and strive to promote digital citizenship, we should embrace the fascinating connected world in which we live in. Through this process of sharing and discovery we can impact and enrich each other's lives. 

To all of my classmates, I wish you nothing but the best as you go forth in your endeavors. And who knows...I might just see online some day. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflecting on Week 3

Digital Citizenship in Adult Learning - What's Our Role?

I have a confession